JumpStart 2016 For Entrepreneurs Launches
21st September 2016
The seventh JumpStart 2016 annual competition from the LINC Centre, at the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown (ITB) looks for a winning business start up to award a €10,000 cash prize.
The competition is open to entrepreneurs giving them a unique opportunity to really jumpstart their business and who wish to base their business in an innovative and supportive environment whilst developing their business.
The LINC along with their sponsors have created an support programme to assist the winners to ‘jumpstart’ their business from concept phase through to funding and trading position, at a rapid pace. JumpStart 2016 will connect them with industry experts to help the company grow an export oriented business smartly and quickly whilst empowering the entrepreneur and their business with not only the information and skills required but will also house the business within an impressive incubation centre and open the doors to opportunities for both state aid and private investment.
The winner will get a cash prize of €10,000, an office space at the LINC and mentoring supports. They will also get access to:
– A structured approach to the development of their business through the “Create, Learn, Grow” programme
– Mentoring on key aspects of business development
– Industry specific seminars to support innovation and development for the companies
– Access to the academic expertise of the Institute
– Access to a cohort of students for placements and possible recruitment
– Access to the facilities in the LINC including; meeting rooms, training rooms and computer labs.
Assumpta Harvey, Manager of the LINC Centre at ITB says “The 2015 winners GROOPEZE are expanding into new markets and are great ambassadors for Irish entrepreneurs abroad. The entry into JumpStart has been simplified this year and we’re really excited to hear from all the brave entrepreneurs out there. This competition offers full range of mentoring, financial and infrastructural supports to enable the winning company grow.”
Find out more at www.thelinc.ie/jumpstart
(L-R: Claire MacNamee Enterprise Manager at the LINC and Assumpta Harvey, Manager of the LINC Centre. Picture Andres Poveda Photography.)