Search For Aspiring Tech Entrepreneurs
13th March 2015
The University College Cork (UCC) launched the EU-XCEL European Virtual Accelerator today. This marks the start of a European-wide recruitment campaign seeking out talented aspiring entrepreneurs in the field of information and communication technology (ICT).
Successful applicants from across Europe will participate as part of newly formed international start-up teams alongside some of the most promising and talented tech entrepreneurs in intensive, specially designed entrepreneurship training and mentoring programmes over five months.
The European Virtual Accelerator includes:
– A week-long training and mentoring ‘start-up scrum’ in one of six countries – Ireland, Germany, Spain, Greece, Poland and Denmark
– Access to a bespoke virtual accelerator of supports to assist teams develop and refine their start-up idea
– The opportunity to pitch to and connect with venture capitalists, angel investors and successful tech entrepreneurs in the EU-EXCEL Challenge
All successful applicants will receive:
– An opportunity to win a significant financial prize
– An opportunity to travel to one of six one-week long European start-up scrums with free flights & accommodation
– Access to peer and mentoring networking/entertainment events
– An opportunity to become part of an international EU-XCEL team and meet potential co-founders for the new venture
– Fast-track access to a European accelerator programme
For further information, please see euxcel.eu