Get Your Business Noticed: 10 Tips for Gaining Publicity
10th February 2015
Our MD Rosemary Delaney shares her top tips to ‘get noticed’ when trying to build publicity and awareness around your business.
When contacting a newspaper/magazine/radio station/television station, do remember:
1. Be an honest brand with passion – it will go a long way!
2. Target media which ‘fits’ – value their time as well as yours!
3. Get personal – don’t send a ‘circular’ press release & always have a good subject header
4. Timing is everything – know media deadlines
5. Have something to say that is ‘newsworthy’ (know the difference between a story and an advertising pitch)
6. Keep it simple & short – WHY, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, & HOW
7. QUALITY images can really make the difference
8. Follow up with a timely call and be prepared for questions
9. Be realistic – building a media profile takes time
10. Always remember to say ‘thank you’!